Since it's been a while since I have posted anything I decided to give it a try. I have been having a great time in Utah. It has been really fun just to work and some play. I have had great opportunities to just relax. When it was warm I went outside a lot and had a great time laying in the sun. with sunscreen of course. It really has been nice to put my life in perspective.
I have decided to share a few of the things that I have learned in the past few months and after my first two year at college. Some may have stories that I will try to explain.
- I have been able to learn so much about myself and what I want in the future.
- I have learned about other people or how you don't know as much as you think you do about others
- I have learned that you must trust yourself. Don't always listen to those around you listen to your heart.
- Don't think too much.
- I learned that talking to people in your classes isn't a crime. I have been working on this for a while I hope that by next semester I can really put this into motion.
- I have learned that eventually you will not be ill. Currently I am not sick and I hope that it will last all summer long.
- Getting a job takes A LOT of effort but worth it when it actually happens. And it did for me! I am working as a Receptionist for housing on campus this summer. It is going to be great!
- Being alone for a lot of your day isn't a horrible thing. In college you have a lot of free time. This time can be spent with roommates and friends. but, especially in the last few weeks, I have found that a walk by yourself can be one of the most refreshing activities.
- Money is important but not everything.
- If you are questioning your major change it.
- Eventually warm weather will come.
- Volleyball is the best sport to play. I have been playing a lot lately at the church with friends and outside of my apartment. I hope that this great sport becomes a great habit over the next few months.
- The church is true. I would like to expound on this. i had an excellent institute class this semester where I really got to learn about the Book of Mormon. I haven't had such a strong testimony builder in a while. I hope that my class choice continues to be well.
- If you have confidence in your job you will succeed. I feel like the last few months have been really exciting just to be able to enjoy my job a little more. I have been given a lot more responsibilities and I am having such a rewarding experience because of them. I have gone back and forth as to weather I want to continue to be an RA next year but right now I am so excited. I am gaining great experience especially in my field. I also get to go to a conference in June in CALIFORNIA. and i get to present a program, it is going to be absolutely amazing!
- Your family is your best support. I went home for Spring Break this year which I wasn't sure if I wanted to. I am so grateful that I was able to do so. We had a really fun time traveling down to Houston and going to the beach. Cameron was also able to visit me in April. It was fun to be able to show him campus and all of the awesome stuff up here. I don't think he realizes how excited I am for him to come up here next fall.
These are just some life lessons that I have learned. I do go to class as well. I only have two more years left of school and I intend to make the most of them.
Here are some pics of my going ons in the past months.